T.I. Talks Making ‘Sacrifices’ For ‘Takers’


T.I. recently discussed the sacrifices he was forced to make in order to have a successful production of his new “Takers” film.
In addition, T.I.s new character is described by IMDb: “T.I. is treacherous. He’s cold, he’s calculating and he’s out for millions. As the character Ghost in the upcoming film “Takers,” the beloved King of the South is all of the above, but he also sneaks in a few hysterical one-liners. It’s these multifaceted aspects that lured him to his role in the film. “
Among the sacrifices T.I. went through: Sleep deprivation.
“I did assist with the producing…I lost sleep to say the least,” he added about juggling all of his professional and personal obligations while “Takers” was in production. “I increased my responsibilities and just basically sacrificed my time. Just sacrificed in every way possible whenever necessary.”
As previously reported, and the second of several sacrifices, was the delay of the release of his new album “King Uncaged,” due to the focus placed on the completion of production on “Takers.” T.I. also discusses what acting lessons he learned alongside co-star Idris Elba (The Wire).
“I pushed the album back so I can completely focus my attention to the rollout and release of this film Takers,” he said. “I feel it wouldn’t be fair to the film or the album if I was splitting my attention span amongst the two, so I hit pause on the album to completely focus my attention to rolling out this here film. And once we prayerfully debut No. 1–25-plus, 20-plus million–then after those bottles have been popped and that celebration [is] underway, I will completely resubmerge myself back into the music, fully on album mode.”
“Idris is a phenomenal talent, an outstanding man. I learned a lot from his methods of acting and we hit it off personally as well as professionally. “Everybody was humbled. Everybody was down to earth. I loved working with Idris as well as the rest of the crew.”
“Takers” will hit theaters this Friday, August 27th.

0 What you Think?:

Followers

Blog Archive

Popular Posts