Tyrese Booted From Radio Station For Protesting Liquor Stores




Tyrese says that he is sticking to his guns in regards to his alcohol outburst during a radio interview, saying that he is not afraid to comment on serious subjects.

The 'Stay' singer shocked audiences when he digressed from promoting his forthcoming studio album Open Invitation, and begun to slam liquor stores being placed near schools. Tyrese has refused to apologise for his outburst, instead saying that he spoke out because other artists are afraid to address serious issues.

"I think a lot of us artists are afraid to speak on obvious stuff that's going on in our 'hoods and in our communities because of things like this," he told MTV News.

"For me, I don't want them to play my music. I don't care, my position won't change. I didn't even get on there to do it on purpose, like, 'Let me start some s**t.' I got on there to talk about the album, and because it was fresh on my mind, and I spoke on it."

Do you think Tyrese was right to air his beliefs?

Tyrese went into WBJR KISS 101.7 for an interview.

During his air time, however, Tyrese commented on seeing a liquor store near a school on his way to the station.

He then made a sincere plea to hear him out regarding the issue, stating:

Get them cats out of here, selling alcohol right across from your kids school, homie, put the pressure on them homie, you know how to put pressure on dudes selling in your hood.

During a commercial break, they asked him to leave the building, because the owner felt he was "disrespecting" the community.

After being kicked outt, Tyrese tweeted:

I just kicked out of a radio station from a PD (program director) who had a problem w/ me speaking on liquor stores that are by elementary schools in Delaware.

In 17 years I have NEVER been kicked out of a radio station.. Because I have a problem w/ liquor stores being across from elementary schools?

I was also told that the PD made them ERASE my interview so that NO ONE could HEAR me SPEAK on the issue of the liquor stores near kids..

If you don't STAND for something.. You will damn near fall for Anything..

0 What you Think?:

Followers

Blog Archive

Popular Posts