Mary J. Blige is back in the best way. The R&B diva, once known for exposing the pain and strife in her life and begging for happiness, has since moved on to uplifting women with tracks like 2007's 'Just Fine' and 'Work That.' Now, on the first single off her upcoming album 'Stronger,' Blige gives her super loyal female fans a new chant: "Boy, don't you know I'm the one!"
The track, which Blige explains in an exclusive interview with the BoomBox, was meant to promote the "your loss, not mine" mantra. And she had no problem sharing the mic with Canadian newcomer Drake on the empowering song.
Stronger' is set to hit stores on Nov. 29.
"Well I've been a fan since ['Best I Ever Had']. I heard that song, and listened to the lyrics, and I was like "wow, it's been a very long time since a guy, young or old, has said something really nice to the women," Blige told the BoomBox when asked why she chose Drake to join her on her first single.
Followers
Blog Archive
Popular Posts
-
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -George Santayana, 1863–1953, philosopher A caricature of Ba...
-
Week one of the trial against PLIES wraps up with the rapper finally taking the stand. His testimony was revealing, bringing out facts...
-
Let’s face it, you haven’t really “made it” until you have a watch to match your Lamborghini. Italian watch brand Adriano Valente feel...
-
Edward Ewing II, 25, was generous with his time and friendship. So much so, he gave it to people who didn’t deserve it, Kansas City p...
-
Salvia (Sage) is a common perennial herb that grows throughout the world. The plant grows to be several feet tall and has large light-gr...
-
Bangladesh police say fishermen have beaten to death 10 suspected pirates who were wounded in a gunfight with security forces. Local po...



0 What you Think?:
Post a Comment