Jay-Z - What Michael Jackson Meant To Me

By Jay-Z

I try to look for the meaning in things that happen, and it was a tragedy that Michael Jackson passed away, especially for his kids. But on the other side, I think it gave Michael a chance to be celebrated for the genius he was without all the other stuff in the way, and I don’t know if that would ever have happened had he been alive. 

He played a concert with me in New York, which was great. He got up and he walked out and the place went mental, guys were just grabbing their hats and throwing them like, "Aiiiiiiiiiieeeeee!"
continued...
After that, he did a song called ‘You Rock My World’, and I did a remix with him. Then he was on my song ‘Girls, Girls, Girls’, singing these background vocals and I didn’t even put his name on it. I remember him calling me and him just talking about, you know, ‘syncopation’ and musician stuff like that. The Michael Jackson I knew was just a musician who loved music.

0 What you Think?:

Followers

Blog Archive

Popular Posts